Thursday, March 27, 2008

Age Ain't Nothin' But A Number

My coworker Megan received a huge bouquet of flowers today at work (a day early birthday present from her hubby and kids). Megan has the day off tomorrow. Sure, her hubby could have given the flowers to her at home, on her actual birthday. But how would that make her coworkers sniff with envy?

I accidentally overheard Megan tell another coworker about her big upcoming milestone birthday (ok,ok, so I was eavesdropping alright!).

Male Coworker: "Megan, how old are you going to be?"
Megan: [whispers] "40."
Me: [from several cubicles over] "Wow. I'm going to be 40 in 9 more years!"
Megan: "Sure Erika. Rub it in."

Tee hee. It's so much fun to be mean me.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wait.... Yo utold me your were 30...

Erika said...

Paul: Ha ha. It's possible. I often forget I'm actually 31 and not 30. Maybe you were just too busy starting at my...um, eyes.

Amy: I thought I hit "publish" for your comment but it's not showing up. What?!? You're opinionated. I never noticed ;)

Jami said...

31? 30? Hell, I have shoes older than that! OK, maybe not shoes. Panties, maybe ... a couple of purses, yeah.

Erika said...

Jami: Now I know what to get you for Christmas!!!

Anonymous said...

Too bad, Paul.....thought you were getting a sweet young thang like you sister-n-law....nope! Too bad! Stuck with a 31 year old now! HA!

Yes! I am so happy I am still the youngest!

From Misty (still not happy about the name, though)

THE GRAMMARPHILE said...

Hey, Erika! I just started reading your blog, and I really dig it...I like your sense of humor and snarkiness! :) I've added you to my blogroll over at Red Pen, Inc.

Hope you're having a great weekend. I look forward to reading more of your writing!

--Nikki (aka The Grammarphile)

Erika said...

Misty: Young thang...maybe. Sweet?? Tee hee. Paul and I really struggled with your faux-name. What would your pick be?

Nikki: Welcome aboard the hilarious voyage that is my life :) I'll pop by for a visit soon.

Anonymous said...

Okay, I have finally decided! I would like to be Katrina rather than Misty. And my husband would like to have the name Juan. Katrina and Juan. Perfect :)