Sunday, August 12, 2007

Detox: Day 1 and 2

I am coming to the end of day 2 (out of 7) on my detox plan.

To accurately describe my experience with detox (for readers who have not had this unique experience), I decided to write a little poem. It's called "What the F*** Was I Thinking".

[Clears throat] *Ahem*

What the F*** Was I Thinking
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ug. Huhhhhhhh.
My head's going to f***ing explode.
I threw up and it came out my nose.
A week without coffee, what was I thinking?
Detox really blows [literally].

4 comments:

Starboard Tack said...

I average 4 cups of coffee and 4 caffeinated diet sodas a day ... you have absolutely convinced me NEVER to try to give it up!

Sean said...

ack. my mom gives up caffeine cold turkey every year for lent. watching the dt's that she goes through is enough to convince me that it just can't be good for you.

Anonymous said...

Wait...you're detoxing from COFFEE? Coffee protects against gout, skin cancer, liver cancer and probably a bunch of other cancers of the nasty bits.

And, really, you don't even want to risk those sorts of cancers.

Heck, drinking coffee is like drinking hot bitter vitamins out of a cup. Mmm... Hot bitter vitamins....

-Tom Coffee

Erika said...

ST: I'm glad I saved someone!

Sean: Yeah, giving up caffeine just can't be good for you ;)

Tom: Not just coffee, but also alcohol, sugar, food with taste etc etc If you can't juice it, I can't drink it.