Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Happy Birthday To Me!

My son (age 11) just woke me up out of bed with a high pitched, fast talking yell from his room. It sounded much like "Mum...warble warble warble". To which he promptly opened fire with a power puke all over the carpet in the hallway, the hall walls and his bathroom sink. [I mean walls...who even does that unless they're in Poltergeist?] I didn't even have time to react (unless you count finally directing the spray to the toilet but by that time the regurgitation massacre was over).

So now I'm left with a rather large, rather suspect, stain on my hallway floor. A stain which looks like someone may have been murdered there, except it smells like beef stew. And is more orange-y with bits of green than bloody
(thanks to all those leafy greens in the salad at supper).

Ironically, this whole episode started precisely at midnight. I am officially 32. And so far, my birthday sucks donkey dick.

Oh karma, how you mock me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

32???

Don't you mean 26?

Jami said...

Thanks EVER so much for all the details. (urp!)

Oh, and Happy Birthday!! :)

THE GRAMMARPHILE said...

I remember the good ol' days when the start of a birthday meant puking...like your OWN puke...because you were drinking a lot of fruity, yummy drinks...not ducking somebody else's puke. I hope your birthday improves drastically and that you have a fruity drink tonight; you deserve it! :)

Erika said...

Marvo: Um......ok. Yeah. That's exactly what I meant.

Jami: I am a "details" girl :)

Nikki: And how! Does it mean we're old when we talk about the good ol' days. I hope not. For me, that could be last week. Thankfully I've got a bottle of Mike's Hard Lemonade with my name on it for tonight! Actually "Mike's" name is on it, but I'm drinking it.