Thursday, March 29, 2007

Waa-Waa Whaa-Whaa

Ever wonder what it would be like to talk like Charlie Brown's teacher for a day?

Me either.

Sadly, the fates have other plans for me.

Right about now it feels as though the thorny crown of Jesus (a la his crucifixition) has been shoved right into my mouth. Actually, more like a new-age thorny Jesus crown made of metal instead of wood. Same great gashes and tears, without the wooden aftertaste.

Perhaps the pain meds and booze are wearing off.

Perhaps this is the kind of pain men feel when they receive a quick sharp kick to the kajones. Except the pain is in my cheeks. Like a set of aching throbbing cheek kajones.

And the pain meds and booze are working again.

9 comments:

Amy said...

Hang in there. A friend of mine got braces 6 months ago. She suffered the first week or two. I know it must be awful because this particular friend is not a complainer, and she complained A LOT. The good news is she says she doesn't even notice them anymore, except of course when food gets stuck in them.

It will get better. In the meantime, drink up!

Eddy said...

Alcohol induced oblivion - it's the way forward! I'm sure it will be worth it, thing of the smile :-D

Peter said...

I've experienced both. And, as hard as it is to believe, the sharp kick is still much worse.

It'll get better. You know, until they tighten them at your next appointment. Then they'll get crappy again. But, then they will get better once more... until, well, you know.

Erika said...

Amy: Yes, I'm sure AA could use another member.

James: It's not so much the smile (I have straight teeth already) it's more for the overbite, teeth grinding and position of my jaw. I know...sexy stuff eh :)

Peter: Um, I think you meant to try and make me feel better. Next time, try harder ;)

Kirsten Sampson said...

Have you been able to sleep ok? I hope your not like me and need to sleep on your belly to fall asleep!

Anonymous said...

I'm sure the question on everyone's mind (at least those who haven't tried it already...) how's the kissing effected??!! :P
Hope you feel better soon!

Anonymous said...

Yow. Booze and meds are the only way forward in such circumstances, methinks

Erika said...

Kiki: Liam has been helping me sleep ;)

Char: Yes, I bet inquiring minds want to know. Kissing took a bit of getting used to. But you know my motto - practise, practise, practise!

Erika said...

100 words: You took the words right out of my mouth :)